Introduction to Eat What You Kill & Building a Village Models of Operations
Introduction-of-EWYK-and-BAV-Models-Handout.pdf <Handout is password protected: Opens with the password for the video (case sensitive – same as for the live show)>
Description: This webcast sets the stage for the two common CPA firm operation models. We take you through their strengths, weaknesses, and the typical obstacles and conflicts each create. Most firms are a hybrid of the two models, but in the end, while you can operate with a combination of both, we have found that firms are deeply rooted in one or the other. And whichever model you are rooted in will drive the future success of your firm. Often succession planning becomes the catalyst to change the firm’s model because the retirements of a few key people highlight the cracks in the firm’s current operating structure.
- How the Upside-Down Pyramid™ is the root of many firms’ profitability problems
- How the gap in book size between partners creates a chasm that over time makes it difficult to keep the firm together
- Why the phrase “the stronger the partner, the weaker the firm” is true of most firms
- Building a business model that supports partners managing double their book size in 5 years and triple the size in about 10 years
- Organizational models that best support succession