Implementing the Partner Goal Process: Step-by-Step Instructions
Description: This session takes a step-by-step approach for walking through the Succession Institute’s recommended CPA firm partner goal setting process (Managing Partner GoalsTM). We will start with a broad overview of the process and continue to drill down into the specifics of how it should be implemented, using specific examples to add clarity. This session will take a comprehensive look at the process from the iterative approach involved, to defining goals, to a logical time line for the process, monitoring required once the goals are established, feedback recommended throughout the year, and to the final evaluation and determination of financial impact.
- A broad overview of the partner goal setting process
- Setting both subjective and objective goals
- Creating objective processes supporting the goals
- The annual goal creation process and how we recommend that the iterative process work, using a case study example
- What the managing partner should be doing throughout the year to monitor the process and communicate performance
- How the managing partner should approach the evaluation of goal attainment