Becoming a More Effective 21st Century Leader
Becoming a More Effective 21st Century Leader-Handout.pdf <Handout is password protected: Opens with the password for the video (case sensitive – same as for the live show)>
Description: CPAs are known for being honest, hard-working, high integrity, detailed people with project implementation as one of our best attributes. Because of these characteristics and skills, CPAs are quickly elevated into leadership positions in whatever organizations they serve. The problem is that this leap is from a technical position to a people position requiring a whole new set of skills, including management, communication and persuasion skills, just to name a few. This webcast looks at the kind of skills and perspectives leadership/management requires if we want to be as effective in our people positions as we have been in our technical ones.
- Why you as its leader are the first person that needs to evolve for your organization to get better, faster and stronger
- Common areas of misfocus for leaders/managers
- How and why to develop people faster
- Improving management skills to run your firm more profitably
- Tips for communicating clearly